02 May 2006

It's so surreal now to hear vans that are campaigning for votes.
And the weather is a state that is neutral. Gray, washed out skies that remind me of Taipei where I was training last December and involved in the army.
The last I heard these vans, we were trekking on the mountains, doing topography. We were on the highway, and they shouted "Go! Army Boys!". Theirs were 'live' campaigning, whilst the Lightning Party that I heard a while ago uses pre-recorded messages.
It's surreal because it's the first time I heard the sounds of these vans in this place, my home. And it's surreal because it's the hottest period in Singapore but there is a breeze circling in my room. And it's Tuesday, 3 p.m. but I'm at home. The green camouflage uniforms tucked untidily away in the cupboards.
It's enchanting to know that the these people who have made me pay $10 per week for my transport, $60 each time I visit the doctor, $1.50 each time I pass any ERP gantry, 50 cents for every half an hour I park my car, 5 per cent for anything I buy at anytime, $100 for not abiding to speed limits, and putting humans in the bushes just to catch me commit that, and yet censor every movie I want to watch, ban every good film for commercial release, suspend every party that was to be, made chewing gum medicinal, abused the law to their own benefits, are actually begging me to vote for them.
I wished I had the power to vote, because I'd have a choice. I do.

Watch this.


D woke up at 5/02/2006 02:56:00 PM [comment]

* * * *


Comments: Post a Comment




friends
adriel
alfian
alvin
ash
austin
chia meng
casual poet
darren ng
daryl
eddee
elvin
eva tang
hansel
jeff
junfeng
li xie
loke
nick
ralph
rebecca
ryan
sharon
shu
ting li
weyman
yihua
zhenghan
zihan
漫遊 UrbaNite
鄭智偉
彭季群
詹姆士.滕
小偉


links
brian g tan
calikartel
conscientious
lomographic home
growing up
gordon
ovidia yu
show studio
scribd
sordo
the artist and his model
world lingo translator
yasmin ahmad
移りゆく
ダカフェ日記


Chinese Blog on dongkey.LiveJournal




The Freedom To Love





This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

archives