14 May 2006

Many issues were raised this afternoon while I had tea and I had to face the disappointing news that the show this Friday is a no go. It is not an Arts Funding cut but rather a 'informed business decision' made by the company. I was not only feeling sorry for the crew that the production was going to be cancelled, but also sorry for this whole commercial, money, art conflict that is truly the crux of this cancellation. I had a mild discourse with someone on the board and it had nothing to do with the production. I was simply irritated by the abuse of terms such as "self-delusion", "existentialism", "experimental theatre", and some other similar what-so-fucks. And people actually patronising him. It got me thinking about the local scene and how sad it would be if Alfian really stopped writing. It got me thinking about how much I loved Alfian and Ash and Jun Feng and Melbaby and Brian and David and Nick and Alex and Shou Chen and Sam and Ian.
The world could come crashing down like on 7 May. But we're still seated on the balcony at Ash's place, sipping coke, eating corn chips that have a "hint of lime", watching Apichatpong assemble his cast symmetrically beside a stream; the last scene blacking out almost imperceptibly.

***

After that I dragged my tired feet to an uplifting session at the KTV with my buddy. Singing is therapeutic for me. At least, for today. I revisited the songs I was supposed to sing on stage on Friday.
And I'm so awake now I'm reading Jean Paul Satre's essay.

I'm settled at home now. And I'm feeling grateful for everything and everyone around me.


D woke up at 5/14/2006 11:29:00 PM [comment]

* * * *


Comments: Post a Comment




friends
adriel
alfian
alvin
ash
austin
chia meng
casual poet
darren ng
daryl
eddee
elvin
eva tang
hansel
jeff
junfeng
li xie
loke
nick
ralph
rebecca
ryan
sharon
shu
ting li
weyman
yihua
zhenghan
zihan
漫遊 UrbaNite
鄭智偉
彭季群
詹姆士.滕
小偉


links
brian g tan
calikartel
conscientious
lomographic home
growing up
gordon
ovidia yu
show studio
scribd
sordo
the artist and his model
world lingo translator
yasmin ahmad
移りゆく
ダカフェ日記


Chinese Blog on dongkey.LiveJournal




The Freedom To Love





This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

archives