08 June 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON / FAREWELL HANIS, WE ARE ALREADY MISSING YOU

Here are the postcards we did for Hanis and Sharon, but which has more meaning for Hanis because these would come in handy someday in the next year and a half that he's studying overseas.












THE PICTUREBOOK

I've chosen the 'nicer' pages.

As Shihui has pointed out, these are actually taken in the vicinity of my house. I'm moving soon, and this house that has accompanied me as I age, now, will be torn down (I'm quite sure). So, to me, this whole "Vases Anthologia" idea has a few meanings:

(1) The Vases itself was founded at the peak of our adoloscence. In a way, we're 1985 babies turning legally adults in 2006, and this is like a closure, or the end of something. Perhaps even, the final group photo in the next year and a half that Hanis is overseas.

(2) I am moving.
At 21, I'm moving out of the space I grew up in. In many ways, it is a lot like the Vases itself. We've all grown out of our adoloscence and teenage angst. But thinking of it, we've maintained the crux of our youthfulness and energy: Sheila's whining, Rohai's whining (uh huh, yes), Haireez's coolness, Liwen's child-like insistence, Pamela's semi-consciousness, Hanis' craziness, Sharon's wide-eyed curiousity.. And I've never grown out of my acne.

(3) It is an Anthology of being ex-young - a transition into the irreversible 2*'s.

If you thought the above was prententious bullshit, maybe you might want to try to enjoy the pictures.








And the centrespread of the booklet:



This is becoming such a photoblog.


D woke up at 6/08/2006 01:17:00 AM [comment]

* * * *


Comments: Post a Comment




friends
adriel
alfian
alvin
ash
austin
chia meng
casual poet
darren ng
daryl
eddee
elvin
eva tang
hansel
jeff
junfeng
li xie
loke
nick
ralph
rebecca
ryan
sharon
shu
ting li
weyman
yihua
zhenghan
zihan
漫遊 UrbaNite
鄭智偉
彭季群
詹姆士.滕
小偉


links
brian g tan
calikartel
conscientious
lomographic home
growing up
gordon
ovidia yu
show studio
scribd
sordo
the artist and his model
world lingo translator
yasmin ahmad
移りゆく
ダカフェ日記


Chinese Blog on dongkey.LiveJournal




The Freedom To Love





This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

archives