30 December 2006

When I said I left my heart in Cairo, I meant the heart I use to take on travels – the one that is euphoric and doped – assuredly lighter than the one I use to walk with on the hardened roads of this city. The lightness is inexplicable; its source fundamentally untraceable. But it exists: not on its own but as a twin of the other.

It was the last thing I needed. It took me years to understand this specific human condition I was subjected to. My Dad’s voice on the phone was one that judged – an accusation that warranted an unquantifiable penalty. Undoubtedly rhetorical, it is now no longer a question that needed an answer.

On Kerbau Road, I walked through the familiar doors painted a bright red, climbing the staircase that was filmed for such many different purposes. I was overjoyed to discover over a dozen shadows hovering in the dark, and finally illuminated by Dynamo bottles and Taxi stands. I never contemplated it. It was the first birthday surprise I had ever received, a party that was planned for me to walk into. I loved it; and everyone who was part of it.

I am 21, but what does that mean?



D woke up at 12/30/2006 08:24:00 AM [comment]

* * * *


Comments: Post a Comment




friends
adriel
alfian
alvin
ash
austin
chia meng
casual poet
darren ng
daryl
eddee
elvin
eva tang
hansel
jeff
junfeng
li xie
loke
nick
ralph
rebecca
ryan
sharon
shu
ting li
weyman
yihua
zhenghan
zihan
漫遊 UrbaNite
鄭智偉
彭季群
詹姆士.滕
小偉


links
brian g tan
calikartel
conscientious
lomographic home
growing up
gordon
ovidia yu
show studio
scribd
sordo
the artist and his model
world lingo translator
yasmin ahmad
移りゆく
ダカフェ日記


Chinese Blog on dongkey.LiveJournal




The Freedom To Love





This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

archives