30 January 2007

School has this ability to negate my preconceptions of the general goodwill of people, bury my passion for everything that is not profitable, and induce a certain behavioral pattern that involves feeling depressed in the early mornings and guilty for not making a trip to the gym in the evenings.

I find myself being acquainted with terms like “methods” (usually the direct and indirect), “balances”, “traits”, “models”… etc. and slowly I am reduced to a paragraph in the textbook as being an agreeable person with typified traits like being passive and making popular decisions. Before this, I never knew I could be explained.

I scour through my books searching for an answer to my destiny, in which I find only deadlines and definitions.
I turn on the TV to discover that she’s died in a car accident at 28 years old.
I talk to Elvin and Margaret to discover that he’s in a coma and reacting violently to visitors he recognizes.
I receive a call from Loke Wei and we spoke to each other for an hour. I felt as though he was still on his bed beside the window on Robin Road. I am still here. But he’s on the other side of the globe.

And in the lapse between sleeping and awaking, I felt – nothing.
And then I fell asleep.


D woke up at 1/30/2007 03:51:00 PM [comment]

* * * *


Comments: Post a Comment




friends
adriel
alfian
alvin
ash
austin
chia meng
casual poet
darren ng
daryl
eddee
elvin
eva tang
hansel
jeff
junfeng
li xie
loke
nick
ralph
rebecca
ryan
sharon
shu
ting li
weyman
yihua
zhenghan
zihan
漫遊 UrbaNite
鄭智偉
彭季群
詹姆士.滕
小偉


links
brian g tan
calikartel
conscientious
lomographic home
growing up
gordon
ovidia yu
show studio
scribd
sordo
the artist and his model
world lingo translator
yasmin ahmad
移りゆく
ダカフェ日記


Chinese Blog on dongkey.LiveJournal




The Freedom To Love





This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

archives