28 June 2007

It's been a week since I returned from Tibet. I don't think the affecting serenity of the place has left me yet. I spoke to Elvin on MSN, read Chuan Yang's journal entries about South Carolina and his summer camping , heard Zhenghan's voice over the telephone and went through some photographs I took with Loke Wei while he was still in town... I really miss them!

On the Friday of my return, we had a warm gathering to celebrate Ash's and Brian's birthday. And on Saturday, the day after, I went to make money:



It was a Private Event at the C&C Showroom. I was embracing kids all the time. I came out to mingle in 15-25 minute periods taking 30-40 minute breaks in between. A girl who was really scared of me initially cried really hard when I 'disappeared'. There was a boy who ran up and told me he owned all my CDs and VCDs.



I took some time out to complete the flyer 'design' for this upcoming recital/installation. I am really terrible at design but I had to do it anyway out of guilt for taking uninspiring photographs for the event. I know, the strips are template vectors. I know, this is so boring.

I had the honour yesterday, though, to be at rehearsals for Happy Endings. Everybody must come and watch the play! The cast is amazing.











I went for a haircut today and Alicia (my stylist) spoke about Loke Wei and his stay in Singapore. "Just three weeks?" she exclaimed, "And a Korea trip squeezed in between!" December 2008 is his next scheduled return. I thought about his reliance on Alicia and his disgust for Wisconsin stylists and an image of a Beatles mop on his face flashed in my head. This was taken before I left for Tibet.



He left for the States while I was away.


D woke up at 6/28/2007 12:02:00 AM [comment]

* * * *


Comments: Post a Comment




friends
adriel
alfian
alvin
ash
austin
chia meng
casual poet
darren ng
daryl
eddee
elvin
eva tang
hansel
jeff
junfeng
li xie
loke
nick
ralph
rebecca
ryan
sharon
shu
ting li
weyman
yihua
zhenghan
zihan
漫遊 UrbaNite
鄭智偉
彭季群
詹姆士.滕
小偉


links
brian g tan
calikartel
conscientious
lomographic home
growing up
gordon
ovidia yu
show studio
scribd
sordo
the artist and his model
world lingo translator
yasmin ahmad
移りゆく
ダカフェ日記


Chinese Blog on dongkey.LiveJournal




The Freedom To Love





This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

archives